Star Parker: To not provide our men and women on the battlefield the necessary tools to fight terrorism is nothing short of an outrage.
Laura Richardson votes 'no' on war funding
The House of Representatives agreed Tuesday to another $59 billion to continue the funding of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, the vote reflected the deepening divisions within the Democratic Party.
The 308-to-114 voted reflected 148 Democrat votes against 160 Republican votes in favor of the war funding. However, Rep. Laura Richardson was one of 102 Democrats that voted against the funding.
Even President Obama, after meeting with his top military advisors, called for the funding.
“The president is taking a wise and balanced approach in Afghanistan, and it deserves our support,” said Rep. Steny H. Hoyer, the Maryland Democrat and majority leader in the House.
Star Parker, Richardson’s November opponent, called the Democrat’s “no” vote a disgrace, especially in light of the leak of an archive of classified battlefield reports from Afghanistan that resulted in the arrest of Pfc. Bradley Manning, an Army intelligence analyst who allegedly provided the battlefield reports to the group WikiLeaks.
“We are in a war with terrorists who want to kill us. It is their paramount goal,” Ms. Parker said. “To not provide our men and women on that battlefield the necessary tools to fight this terrorism is nothing short of an outrage. And this is just one of the many reasons I am challenging Laura Richardson this election year.”
- Star Parker's right to vote!
- Media review Star Parker's 'surprisingly strong' campaign
Parker is bright, energetic and full of ideas.
- Star Parker Election Eve Town Hall
- Star Parker Campaign Releases Creative Radio Ads
Each radio spot highlights Rep. Laura Richardson’s continued tax and spending policies.
- Laura Richardson again falls behind on house payments
Newspaper: Ms. Richardson had fallen into mortgage trouble before, missing mortgage payments on two other homes she owns, including five defaults that totaled $71,000 over the past 13 months.
- Star Parker raises over $1.1 Million in CA-37 race
Parker Raises Twice that of her Incumbent Opponent, Laura Richardson
- Local paper says Star Parker is 'bright, energetic and full of ideas'
Long Beach Press-Telegram: Star Parker has something significant to offer
- Town Hall: Star Parker commits to bringing jobs to District 37
Ms. Parker committed herself to bringing jobs – real private sector jobs, competition for failing public schools, and fighting for a military second to none.
- Michael Steele stumps for candidate Star Parker in Long Beach
Michael Steele: You have a chance to send a little piece of yourself to Washington with Star.
- Audio: How to improve our neighborhoods
People are looking for good neighborhoods and schools and we're not attracting them.
- Audio: Star Parker interviewed by Sean Hannity
We must be honest about how to build prosperity for ourselves and our children.
- Audio: Star Parker interviewed by Hugh Hewitt
It's time to put an end to the political insanity in Washington, DC.
- Campaign Events
Attend these events and support Star Parker's campaign.
- Audio: Star Parker interviewed by G. Gordon Liddy
We must educate and change the thinking of the younger generation about freedom and personal responsibility.
- Star Parker confronts new foreclosure numbers
Parker: Voters need to send a clear message to Congress in November that says government needs to get out of the way of those in the private sector that know how to create jobs and grow the economy.
- Star Parker's Town Hall draws Democrats and Republicans
Town Hall confirms poll of 400 likely voters in the 37th District, that said that two-thirds of "Core Democratic" voters would consider voting for a Republican.
- Signal Hill's 'Tribune' highlights Star Parker's campaign
Star Parker: Communities need engaged people who understand personal responsibility, and, secondly, they need a strong business community that provides employment opportunities.
- Audio: Star Parker on jobs for District 37
"The lie of the Left has crumbled our communities and abandoned us and our children. We must attract businesses and jobs and rebuild towards prosperity."